Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Fight the good fight of faith


As I was reading my Bible this morning, I finished reading the book of 1 Timothy. The last chapter is Paul encouraging his "son", Timothy, to stay strong in the faith and pursue all that is righteous, and God's way.

But as for you, O man of God, flee these things. Pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, steadfastness, gentleness. Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called and about which you made the good confession in the presence of many witnesses. (1 Timothy 6:11-12 ESV)
This verse really encouraged me this morning. As I go out in to the world daily (to school, work, etc), I want to pursue all that is right, godly, and all of the above. I don't want to be complatient or be comfortable or even look at the things of the world. I want to seek God first. It is too easy to do that.

In the end, this battle is all worth it, and God has already won it.

We need to remain faithful to the calling the Lord Jesus Christ has given to us.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment