Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New Years Resolution #2


Right before 2011 started, I came to the conclusion that is worthless to even think of "Resolutions" or personal goals to achieve for the new year, most of the times I have my mind set on doing something that I want to accomplish by the end of the year and then I find myself either forgetting about them or doing something completely different. I guess it is the way that I am wired or something.

There are areas in my life that need work on, many that are out of my control, that God needs to work in and through me so I can be who He wants me to be, that is something that has been revealed to me recently. If you look at some of the blog posts I wrote last year (specially around the summer time), you will see that it seems that I changed my mind all the time about what I wanted to do...that is the key: it was becoming more about what I wanted to do, rather than what God wanted me to do.


Not too long ago, someone confronted me about that stuff, at first I was blown away because it seemed to me that it came out of nowhere, but after thinking about it I realized it could all be boiled down to one simple issue: Humility.


You see, I have allowed pride to take over in the past, as soon as I feel like I am doing good, I allow pride to come in and take place and do with me as it pleases. I have dealt with issues of pride before but it always seems to come back one way or another. It is easy for me to think "look at me I am doing pretty good",  and not give God the proper credit. Other times, I start doing things for myself and not even invite God into them or give Him the opportunity to work and do the work.

So that would be what it all would boil down to this year (and  every year upcoming), to be less prideful and allow God to do the work in my life, to know when to be humble and step down and let others do the work, to not get in the way when God is doing something and allow Him to do it, not me.

From now on, God gets all the credit and I will be consistently praying that God reveals to me the areas in my life that need that improvement, that He will show me when I am getting too prideful and that I know to detect it before it takes over, to not think that I am "all that" and to remember that I am nothing but a vessel that God uses to do His work.

Who knows? This may be a big year full of many changes and I look forward to it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment